General-purpose (GP) bombs use a thick-walled metal casing with explosive filler (typically TNT, Composition B, or Tritonal in NATO or United States service) composing about 30% to 40% of the bomb’s total weight. The British term for a bomb of this type is “medium case” or “medium capacity” (MC). The GP bomb is a common weapon of fighter bomber and attack aircraft because it is useful for a variety of tactical applications and relatively cheap.
The standard kit is a 4″ diameter body with a 29mm motor mount tube.
If you want the kit at a different scale or with a different size motor mount please get in touch.
It flies brilliantly on a Cesaroni F56-WT motor with a 3s ejection delay.
Included in the kit are:
- Assembly Instructions
- 3D printed ABS nose-cone
- Cardboard nose-cone shoulder/coupler
- Cardboard body tube (4″ diameter)
- 29mm motor mount tube
- 3x 3mm ply centering rings
- 4x 3mm ply fins arms
- 4x 1.5mm ply fins
- 2x 3D printed ABS Rail guides (for 6mm rail)
- 3D printed ABS tail piece
- 3D printed ABS screw-on motor retainer
Not included in the kit are:
- Recovery hardware – although we provide recommendations for shock cord length and parachute dimensions
- Launch hardware
Source Reference Material
Our AN-M30 kit was inspired by https://www.storenvy.com/products/18109943-ww2-an-m30-100lbs-bomb-replica which may give you some further detail on paint schemes.